Saturday, January 10, 2009

Recipe for You

Here's a recipe for all you cookie lovers. I love chocolate chip cookies...nothings better than a warm chocolate chip cookie right from the oven. I'm always looking from new cookie recipes to try. I found this one on Sunday Baker. Try it out and let me know what you think. I've made it twice so far and love it. So far I've just used vanilla pudding but next time I think I'll experiment with a different flavor...maybe butterscotch.

Pudding Cookies

Ingredients:
4 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1-1/2 c butter (3 sticks) softened
1-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. white sugar
2 (3.4 oz.) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs, room temp
2 t. vanilla extract
4 c. of add-ins you want to use like chocolate/butterscotch/peanut butter/white chocolate chips, candy bars, m&m's, nuts, etc.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together flour and baking soda in seperate bowl and set aside; in a large bowl, cream butter, brown and white sugar. Beat in pudding mix until well blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. When smooth, slowly add in the flour mixture. This can take a little while, but make sure it's well incorporated into mix.
Finally, add the "fillers": chocolate chips of any kind, cut up candy bars, etc.

Make 1 " balls so the cookies are all uniform in size and bake evenly.
Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden. I like mine slightly underdone, just a tiny bit golden.

1 comment:

  1. Valerie,

    Your blog is so cute and so fun to read. It's like a novel. I was thinking with all the fun stuff you share I won't have to call you so much.... It could also be a place to sell.. See what I am telling you girl marketing director.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete