Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bye Bye Baby


Not sure why, but we have so babied our darling little girl but I realize as she gets closer to 3 years old that it's time to move her forward a little. This lovely picture was taken yesterday afternoon after 30+ minutes of crying for her binky. She loves her binkies and we have unsuccessfully tried to break her of such habits for a while. However, she likes to chew on binkies as well as suck on them and was warned that when her "pink binky" broke (it now has a huge hole in it)it was time to give them up. Well, as you can see she is not happy about such matters but I am determined to stick to my guns this time and do away with binkies! She's still allowed to have "blue binkie" at bedtime but that too is on the way out!

In addition to the binkie breaking I am ready to dive into the business of potty training. However, I need a little motivation and some advice. So to all you mothers out there...share your best potty training tips with me if you will. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I know people might think this is gross, but I always keep the reward treats (mini marshmallows) IN the bathroom, like, up in the window or something, because then they associate the potty with the treats a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she likes money get a roll of penny's! We did that with Bryson seriously potty trained boy at 2 1/2 in less then 24 hours! Then with all his pennys he went to the dollar store and bought a balloon. Lilly got horses. If she had an accident we took them all away! GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started with Landon and he is off and on but I just get really excited when I have to go potty and so then it gets him excited and then he gets to pick a skittle afterwards. I think by example and then when they are ready and we encourage them and get excited it comes easier.. Hopefully anyway.. he is my first so we will see...lol

    ReplyDelete