Monday, March 30, 2009

The Big 33!


Today is Bryan's 33rd birthday. We celebrated it yesterday with our parents over for dinner and birthday cake...since he had to go out of town today. So here's a little celebration of his past 33 years.

Bryan was born March 30, 1976 to Lynn and Laraine Peterson in West Valley City, UT.
He was not an angel baby (though he tries to claim otherwise...I on the other had WAS and angel baby and hardly ever cried :). He was sick often and had to have tubes in his ears, was hospitalized for pneumonia and had his tonsils taken out when
he was six. He remembers jumping up on the operating table to get his tonsils taken out. Then, when they were administering the anesthesia, they told him to count to 10and he'd be asleep before he could finish...well he count to 10 and then some before they realized they might need to up the dose! His parents also fondly remember him crying all the way home from Yellowstone as a baby.

I called him in Las Vegas tonight and asked him to recall some fun childhood memories or favorite things...
"I loved grossing people out with my crooked pinkies."
"I loved playing basketball in the front yard with neighbors."
"I loved playing "CHIPS" (the old motorcycle cops show) with your (Valerie's) older brother (yes, I married the boy across the street!)
"I loved camping, playing with the family dog, eating anything but vegetables!

Some accomplishments he's proud of:
Sports - playing on Granger's football team, running track, basketball
Becoming a detective...he was attacked as a child near his home and the detective that handled his case made a lasting impression...he never outgrew the boyhood dream to become a cop.

Favorite things as an adult:
"My wife!"...(how sweet!)
"My kids"
"My job"

"Favorite food...still anything BUT vegetables!"

Happy Birthday honey...Love you lots!

4 comments:

  1. I thought of him. A while ago he wrote his name on my birthday calendar (with the wrong color!) so I always remember his b-day...plus it's right after mine!! Happy bday Bry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Bryan. That is funny about the crooked pinkies. My little sister has some pretty crooked ones--I'll have to compare sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Bryan! It was fun to find out all those personal tidbits. Hey, doesn't Valerie garden for a reason? Shame on you! Green is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you married the boy next door, so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete