Sunday, May 10, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Madness

So, I've been busy the past 2 weeks with Teacher Appreciation week for Ben's school. I'm the room mother for his teacher and have loved every opportunity to volunteer in his class this year. This was my first experience with Teacher Appreciation and I went a little crazy but had a lot of fun too! Part of the week included decorating the classroom door. I fell in the love with the phrase "Mrs. Craven, You Take the Cake!" and decided to make a 2D cake for her door. I think it turned out pretty cute and I got lots of compliments on it. Here's a picture:



For the class gift I decided to make her a little quilt with every student's hand print and signature on it. I got the idea from a quilt my mom recieved a couple of years ago...she's also a Kindergarten teacher. The women who made her quilt appliqued 48 little hands on a beautiful quilt for her. I am not so talented in my sewing abilities so instead I embroidered the hands and names and threw the rest together at 10pm the night before I gave it to her. It was full of flaws since I hurried to finish it but I was worth it to see her reaction to it when Ben gave it to her.



Anyway, it was a crazy couple of weeks with all the projects and also dealing with everyday Mom life and getting ready for a piano recital and working in the yard...yada yada. But I love teachers and wanted it to be a fun week. I'm glad it's through though!

1 comment:

  1. Valerie, That is So Fun! you did a Great job on the door and the Quilt, but I am not Surprised!..Brooke

    ReplyDelete