Sunday, May 10, 2009

Top 25 List

My friend Jamie recently posted a list of 25 things she has loved about being a mother this past year. She said she was feeling frustrated with motherhood duties and needed a boost! What a better way to end a pity party than to count your blessings? So I'm going to take a stab at making my own top 25 list. Here goes:

The Top 25 Things I Have Loved About Being A Mother This Year

1. I love nuggling up and reading bedtime stories with my kids.

2. I love hearing Natalie say "I love you."...she's been stingy about saying it and finally decided she likes saying it.

3. I love greeting Ben as he comes home from school and hearing about his typical day: "first we went to the carpet, then we went to our desks, then we went out to recess then we went back to the carpet then we came home."

4. I loved going to Disneyland 2 times in less than 12 months...and we're going again in June! It's more magical when you take you own children.

5. I love volunteering in Ben's class as the Room Mother.

6. I loved making sock animals with my kids and watching them love and play with them for hours.

7. I love running errands with Natalie while Ben's at school...she's a fun shopper!

8. I love seeing Ben and Natalie play nicely together.

9. I love watching Ben and Natalie hug and kiss goodnight.

10. I love getting pats on the back from Natalie when she hugs you.

11. I love seeing Ben grow up so much...learning to read and tie his shoes.

12. I love going on walks with my family after dinner.

13. I loved sledding in the backyard with Ben and Natalie.

14. I love watching Ben make his own lunch...a hot dog on bread with ketchup and mustard and butter on top!

15. I love listening to Natalie sing primary songs like "I Love to See the Temple" and "The Wiseman and the Foolish Man" as well as "Happy Birthday".

16. I love having fun Family Home Evenings with my family.

17. I love planting a garden with my kids.

18. I loved getting our first family pet and sharing the ups and downs with trying to care for goldfish and guppies.

19. I love watching little faces get excited over something or other and yell out "Guess what Mom!"

20. I love celebrating birthdays and other holidays with fun dinners, desserts, and parties.

21. I love seeing 2 kids run to greet their dad when he comes home from work.

22. I love playing at the park and having fun in the sun with my kids.

23. I love hearing Natalie start to say prayers. She just mumbles the last word you say but it's cute.

24. I love watching my kids pour over their scrapbooks and talk about fun things we've done.

25. One of the best things about being a mother is that I have a great partner to share it with...I love having a great husband who helps make motherhood wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment