Friday, February 13, 2009

Making a List...Checking it Off



It's official...I'm nesting. You know that expression - they use it to describe expectant mothers when they "prepare the nest" for a new baby...well I'm not expecting a baby but I am anxiously awaiting spring! I get a little restless this time of year, hoping for warmer weather and time outdoors. I want to clean up the yard and spring clean my house...shake off the dust bunnies, shed some winter weight and feel alive! So my current remedy for my restlessness is some early preparation for our garden. I ordered a couple of seed catalogs and fell in love with one awesome catalog...Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. They have some amazing seeds for all kinds of vegetables and flowers from all of the world. I ordered some familiars and some new things and I can't wait to get them planted and in the greenhouse! In the mean time I am making a list of Spring cleaning chores and hope to be checking it off soon!

2 comments:

  1. You and Michael both! He has been studying the seed packets and every day says, "Have I told you I can't wait until spring?" I should get that catalog for him for some reading material! I am sending you an invite to my blog--I wouldn't want you to ever hate me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good, Valerie! What greenhouse are you talking about? Do you have one in the back? If so, I'm so jealous. I really hope to one day. Maybe we can find a new house with one (ha, ha).

    ReplyDelete