Monday, February 23, 2009

Backyard Bunny Slopes



Isn't it so true that you don't have to travel far to enjoy life and be with the ones you love? The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence. This past week we discovered some fun in own backyard. We gave Ben some snow tubes for his birthday last month and hadn't used them yet, so I decided on President's Day we would experiment with the slope in our backyard.



I didn't know if it would work out or not but as it turns out the slope in our backyard is just perfect for my timid two and their sleds. We've had some snowy days followed by sunny days recently and that has made for some great sledding conditions on our backyard.




Ben and Natalie had lots of fun sledding down our backyard hill all morning and afternoon. I got lots of exercise trudging back and forth to help Natalie carry her sled. Our own backyard turned out to be just as fun as going to the mountains to sled...even the wildlife think so...watch out for deer poop!



Anyway it was a fun afternoon of smiles and giggles from all!

1 comment:

  1. I love this bunny hill idea. We have a slope in our backyard that I hate. I wish my yard was flat. It makes me want to move. But hey, wait, you are right, the grass isn't always greener. When life gives you a slope, make it a bunny hill :) Why didn't I think of this? Cute, FUN!

    ReplyDelete