Monday, October 12, 2009

Catalyst

Do you remember learning about catalysts in science when you were in school.

Catalyst:

1 a substance which causes or assists a chemical change in another substance without itself undergoing any permanent chemical change.
2 someone or something that helps bring about a change.
3 something that causes an important event to happen.

For some reason that word keeps coming to mind when I think about my life the past few months. An interesting catalyst presented itself in my life and caused me to evaluate the "good, better, best" elements taking up my time. I was worried that maybe the good, better and maybe even some bad were taking time away from the best things in my life and it was refreshing to put away some of those things for a while to make more time for the best.

So, now after some time has past I want to keep up this blog. I think it falls into the better category since it is a journal and a form of scrapbooking for me. Although my attention to it may wax and wane depending on how well I'm doing with giving attention to the best things. So...on to more blogging!

3 comments:

  1. I had the same kind of dilema! Very well said and put! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys. I'm glad I will get to read more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to say the same thing kristine did -- "Very well said!" agreed. i have slowed way down on my blogging compared to 6 or so months ago for much the same reason. although blogging is good..it helps me keep a family journal of sorts..it also takes up a wee bit more time than i'd like it to. mostly b/c, let's face it, if you sit down to blog, you may find other ways to waste time on the computer. at least i do. not like bad things...just wasteful things. you know? there are times i HATE the thought of sitting down at the computer to even budget the check book b/c i know i will waste time on the computer...sorry to ramble on. i can be good at that. i love to simplify. so, taking out unecessary things is a must for me. i work on it everyday. still need work. Lol.

    ReplyDelete