Sunday, August 2, 2009

15 Books

Several weeks ago a few friends posted a list of 15 books that impacted their life for better or worse on Facebook...since I never post anything on my Facebook account, I decided to do it here. Anyway, the instructions were a list of fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you for better or for worse. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes...

Maybe I thought about it too much but here's my list

As a child/preteen:

1. Ramona series by Judy Blume
2. Little Women
3. Anne of Green Gables
4. The Box Car Children
5. Little House on the Praire

As a teenager/college student:

6. Native Son
7. To Kill a Mockingbird
8. The Diary of Anne Frank
9. Don Quixote
10. Les Miserables

As an adult (recently):

11. The Poisonwood Bible
12. The Secret Life of Bees
13. These is My Words
14. The Kite Runner
15. Midwives

1 comment:

  1. that gives me a good idea of lots of great books to read! i am just finishing up the star garden, the last book in the "these is my words" series. LOVE IT!! sad to say goodbye to sarah. i always get sort of depressed to let a bevloved character go...you know how it is.

    thanks for all the good ideas!

    ReplyDelete